Lounger
    Thanks

Lightbulb What is a Good app that does FULL image backup&restoration NOT INCL ACRONIS

I'd like to know what Good apps are available that do FULL image backup & restoration, including individual pieces if necessary (i.e. by file) THAT AREN'T ACRONIS.

Any suggestions?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 1,069 Posts
    I would say the most talked about here is Macrium Reflect. I don't think the free version allows for individual file restoration per se, but it allows you to mount an image as a drive and then you can copy the file or files you want to other drivers.

One that has been discussed recently is EaseUS Todo Backup. The previous discussion seems to indicate version 3.0 seems to be more reliable than the just released 3.5.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

The Mull (2011-11-25)

4 Star Lounger
    Hillsborough (San Francisco Bay area), California, USA
    Thanks
    I'm not having any problems with v.3.5. There ARE some problems restoring with the WinPE boot disc using USB 3.0, but that was true in v.3.0 also. EaseUS Todo Backup v.3.5 Free allows for complete disk & partition imaging, file & folder backup, with timed differential or incremental backup and automatic cleanup of out-of-date backups; much more flexible than the free edition of Macrium.

Zig

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zig For This Useful Post:

The Mull (2011-11-25)