New Lounger

Touchpad sensitivity

Is it possible to adjust the sensitivity of a touchpad—without going so far as to turn it off? I'm specifically concerned with my own ancient Dell Latitude C600, Windows XP, but a friend with a new Dell (Win 7) would like to do this also. I've looked through this lounge and some of the manuals and haven't found a solution. Even a (non-destructive) hack, like placing an appropriate material on top of the thing would do.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by alell; 2011-11-14 at 07:52.

Manning, South Carolina
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 1,324 Posts
    I don't know about the older Dell but the newer {Win 7} one Dell has a builtin utility that will turn off the touchpad if an external mouse is sensed. I use this on my Inspiron 1534 that's about 1.5 yrs old.

See here for more.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredGeek For This Useful Post:

alell (2011-11-14)

4 Star Lounger
    Hampshire (the old one)
    Don't know if this will help, but my own lappy (Fujitsu-Siemens, WinXP) came without even a touchpad driver installed - just the generic Windows mouse driver. I used it for a year before I noticed the driver was on one of the disks that came with it. That gave me the bells & whistles like sensitivity adjustment that I didn't have before. There was no mention of it in the manual whatsoever - I just had to find it myself!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tonyl For This Useful Post:

alell (2011-11-14)