New Lounger
    Thanks

seeking replacement for "Memo Keys" boilerplate text tool

For years, I have used Memo Keys for boilerplate text such as signatures, address header, phone number, etc. Worked fine for Office 2000-XP-2007.

Memo Keys does not work with Office 2010. It will load the desired text into the clipboard, but it does not paste it into Office 2010. A Cntrl-V will get the text to paste and show-up, but that is an inelegant solution at best.

There are a lot of macro tools on source-forge, etc, but they are too powerful in that they can cause other problems.

Anybody got any suggestions for a replacement for Memo Keys or a way to get it to work with Office 2010?

TIA,

wheels4me

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    You should consider using AutoText or the newer Building Blocks features. You can add it to the Quick Access Toolbar if you find it inconvenient to use the Insert section of the ribbon.

New Lounger
    Thanks

to use autotext/autocorrect, I have to maintain 3 shortcut files

I do use AutoCorrect for lots of boilerplate. In both 2007 and 2010, Office needs to have shortcuts (corrections?) setup for both Outlook and the rest of Office. In 2003, Office only need one shortcut file for Outlook & everything else.

Combined with needing shortcuts for all my other apps and Windows, I am stuck with maintaining 3 shortcut sources.

Using MemoKeys in 2007, I could keep my shortcuts in one location that was quite transportable. Trying to move AutoText & AutoCorrect from one system to another has never gone easily nor well for me in the past.

Any other ideas?