3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Win Server 2008 R2 - FTP.... Can't see the folder structure

Can someone point out why on the Windows 2008 R2 server (that I have just set up) the FTP folders show up perfectly in Filezilla (FTP Client) and in a programme called Goodsynch, but not in the Backup programme that I need to use called Synchback?

I would use Goodsynch to synchronise my backup, but it is enormously expensive as you need to run a server version. Synchback is free, and works on a server platform, and does everything that we need.

Is there an alternative backup / synchronisation system that I can try?

My files are on a windows 2008 R2 server at teh office, and we have set up another server with Windows 2008 R2 at an ISP, and we intend using it for offsite private cloud backup of files.

Thanks for your help.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Personally I'd buy some online storage and encrypt the backup before sending it - much cheaper. It also means your backup is done locally and you only send one file over the web. You can use 7zip to create the encrypted backup to keep the files small(ish).

cheers, Paul

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That would work if there were only a couple of files to update. We have 300Gb of files that we use often. We also need to be able to immediately use the online files if we have a breakin and lose our office fileserver.

I will keep looking.... thanks for your suggestions!