New Lounger
    Thanks

Unable to get rid of Flash Incubator build

Hi all,

I use several web browsers on my Windows 7 x64 system, chiefly Internet Explorer 9 (the others are Opera and Google Chrome).

A while ago I made the stupid mistake of upgrading to the beta build of the popular Flash plugin, 11.2.202.61d. Ever since, all Flash apps including Youtube videos have the annoying watermark 'Adobe® Flash® Player 11 (11,2,202,61d) (Incubator Build)', and both performance and stability have gone down. Without hyperbole, I have had more browser crashes in the past weeks than in the past six years.

It has proven impossible to get rid of this build. I am unable to simply install the current release (11.1.102.55) over it, and if I use the Flash x64 uninstaller program I can install the release version and use it for one session, but as soon as I shutdown and restart my PCs somehow the Incubator build and the instability is back.

Somehow it must be hidden on my system and reinstall itself, but I cannot find out where. I have even did a search for Flash* in both the System32 and SysWOW64 folders after uninstalling (and not reinstalling) Flash, but this brings up no traces - yet when my PC reboots Incubator is back. And yes, I do made sure to remove both the ActiveX (MSIE) and NSP (other browsers) versions of Flash.

I hope someone here has some advice. Adobe's own forums have proven useless, they claim just using the uninstaller should do the trick, which it obviously does not.

Thanks
    Have you tried to go into options in the browser, and choose Manage Add ons. This is where you should be able to disable the Add on. Once disabled perhaps the Adobe Flash Uninstaller will work properly.

I believe all the browsers have a place to Manage Add ons. I believe Chrome has it's own player so perhaps Adobe Flash has not installed there, don't know about Opera.
    Last edited by Medico; 2011-11-17 at 05:42.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

erbkaiser (2011-11-17)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Ted!

Your suggestion did the trick. I disabled my Flash plugins (in Opera this can be done via operalugins), then uninstalled again, removed the remaining Flash folders in System32 and SysWOW64, and this time after reboot finally the Incubator was destroyed.

I can only assume somehow it remained active in the browser somehow, disabling helped.

Thanks
    By the way, I was very remiss earlier. Welcome to the Lounge. Come back often.

Glad it worked for you. Thank you for the Thanks.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy