3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Document has tables hard against top and left edge of page and wont move

I'm using W2007 to edit a document for someone else, they tried to create or insert a table and it's got stuck up against the top left edges of the page.

I can move it in by setting the first column in a bit to the right. However, the top of the first row won't seem to move, although other row hights can be changed by dragging.

I tried copying the table into a new document but it ended up in the same place.

If anyone can help with this I'd be most gratefull.

Frank

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,325 Posts
    Frank,

Have you checked the Text Wrapping settings? If the table is at the top of the page and wrapping is off it will stay there.

A method I use for solving problems like this is to place the table inside a text box. You can then locate the textbox where you want it again you have to set text to wrap around the Text Box.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frankwalsh1962 View Post
    I'm using W2007 to edit a document for someone else, they tried to create or insert a table and it's got stuck up against the top left edges of the page.

I can move it in by setting the first column in a bit to the right. However, the top of the first row won't seem to move, although other row hights can be changed by dragging.

I tried copying the table into a new document but it ended up in the same place.

If anyone can help with this I'd be most gratefull.

Frank
    It sounds like the table is text wrapped and its horizontal and vertical positions are set relative to the page (left and top respectively).

If you want it text wrapped but in another position, go to table properties and click the positioning button. You can, for example, change page to margin or column for horizontal positioning and to margin or paragraph for vertical positioning.

If you want the table to be in line with text, set text wrapping to none in the table properties dialog.

Pam