5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question Where did it go? - missing "menu"

I have my "Toolbar/Start Menu" on the right side of my monitor and until recently, I had another smaller "menu/application bar" (don't really know what to call it - I think it is something like "the dock") on the bottom of my screen. It would show itself when I placed my mouse corner right at the bottom of my screen. It had four "icons" on it - one for all the MS Office apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), one for the Trash/Recycle bin and a couple of others. For some reason it disappeared a couple of days ago and I don't know why and I would like to get it back. Any insight that anyone would care to provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ron M

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron M View Post
    It had four "icons" on it - one for all the MS Office apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), one for the Trash/Recycle bin and a couple of others. For some reason it disappeared a couple of days ago and I don't know why and I would like to get it back. Any insight that anyone would care to provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Ron,
    Hello.... Not sure if this is what you mean ...but if you "Right Click" on the Windows Start Logo...and select properties, you will see a screen that will allow you to "adjust" your settings... Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2011-11-20 at 16:22.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Fred, thanks for the reply, but that is not what I am looking for. I found that stuff already and it didn't solve the "problem". I checked on my wife's laptop and it refers to this thing I am looking for as the "dock" or "the docking area". So far I have not been able to find a reference in any of the Windows 7 books that I have.

Ron M

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Ron,

If you have Dell computers that is a Dell application not part of Windows 7.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    Ron,

If you have Dell computers that is a Dell application not part of Windows 7.
    Thanks. I found that out and have been able to get it going again. Apparently, it is/was Dell's attempt to make Win 7 look more like a Mac(?). Still don't know what turned it off - but nothing lost - all is well.

Regards,

Ron M

Thanks
    Thanks. I found that out and have been able to get it going again. Apparently, it is/was Dell's attempt to make Win 7 look more like a Mac(?). Still don't know what turned it off - but nothing lost - all is well.

Regards,

Ron M
    Tell us how you managed to get it back.
    There maybe someone else with a similar settup having issues. Your response may contibute to assist another..

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I noticed HP also has a dock-like addition to their computers and I've encountered several programs that setup a dock-like interface...it seems they want that extra bit of attention.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Regards,

Ron M
    Sort of. The Dell Dock is a customized version of Star Dock's Object Dock add on. Its one of those MAC like things that's actually pretty useful. I use my Dell Dock almost exclusively instead of the start menu on my Win 7 laptop.
    Chuck