Thanks

Favorites Manager

Can anyone recommend a free favorites manager for IE9 ?

I know I can Google for one but I figure I could save a lot of trial and error by asking here first..

Thanks...
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    What capabilities do you want beyond what is available in IE9?

Joe

Thanks
    I want something that will have more organization capability's then in IE...

And that will remain open until it's closed.
    Preferably a program that, after opening, I can just minimize and use when I need it.

With IE, every time I click on a favorite the list closes and if I want another one right away I then have to open the list, scroll to the folder and then click on another.
    There are times that I need to click on one favorite after another until I find the one that I need. That means I spend a lot of time opening the favorites, then the folder and then the link...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    You can pin the favorites list open whenever you wish - just click on the small green arrow at the top of the favorites. Clicking on the "X" in the Favorites Center or clicking on the "star" will close the Favorites Center. Why use another program when what you want is just a click away or permanently available?

Some of the organizational capabilities in the Favorites Center are limited. You can drag and drop. You can also use the "Organize favorites" dialog.

Joe

Thanks
    You might want to look at Linkman. It comes in two versions, Linkman Pro and Linkman Lite. Linkman Lite is free and has a zillion features. One of the neat things about Linkman is that, if you use more than one browser, you can store all your favorites/bookmarks in Linkman and use it not just with IE but with Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and some others. It integrates with them all, though it's especially well integrated with IE. I use it with three browsers, and I never have to worry whether a particular bookmark/favorite is stored in a given browser.

Thanks
    Thanks CYB, I'll check it out..

Joe, thanks to you also, I tried your idea a little today but have to give it more of a workout before I decide if it's best for my purpose...