New Lounger
    Thanks

XP wireless password

I have a desktop running Windows 7, and an old laptop running XP. I had to replace my wireless router, and it seems I goofed entering the password on the laptop. When I try to connect, it indicates that it's online, but it isn't. I think I entered the wrong password, but I can't find a way to change it. Every time I try to log in to the wireless connection, XP uses the first password I entered, and I can't find a way to change it. Any suggestions welcome.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you, JOe!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It didn't work. It still tries to log in with the old password.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Then in step 3 of Joe's reference, try clicking "Properties" instead of "Remove". Change the password there to your new, correct password.

Administrator
    Thanks
    If the connection was removed as per the instructions then you should have been prompted for a password when you tried to connect again.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried every possible option, and couldn't get it to do anything else. It was displaying similar behavior in other areas as well, and so I decided that it was no longer worth messing with. An old laptop; numerous problems with the current XP install. It was time to upgrade anyway, so I replaced the unit with a new one running 7. Old unit is now enjoying it's sunset running Suse Linux doing nothing in particular until such time that it simply doesn't boot up one day. An old friend has retired. Thanks for your help, guys.