Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Off Screen With New Z68 Mobo

Hi,

I recently upgraded my mobo to a Z68. Using the same copy of Windows 7 Ultimate as before. 2 monitors with an 'Extended' screen. I'm using the mobo's built-in Intel graphics.

On a few apps I have, various dialog boxes will appear off-screen @ upper left. I've installed a little utility called 'Sheepdog' which helps me 'retrieve' it when it happens, but since it's -chronic-, this is getting tiresome.

Is there some permanent fix for this?

TIA,

---JC

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What graphics were you using before?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousclive View Post
    What graphics were you using before?
    You mean resolution? Same as before: 1680 x 1050 --- which is what Windows 'recommends'.

What's interesting is that I don't think it happens until the displays 'go to sleep' or... if I power down the displays and leave the computer on with the apps open. Often, when the screens 'wake up', the windows within the app will be re-sized to fit within a -single- display. IOW: it's as if it isn't 'remembering' that there is an Extended Display.

---JC

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    The recommended screen resolution is specified by the display vendor not Windows. LCD displays have a recommended resolution that generally should not be changed.

Make sure you have the most current drivers for your motherboard and displays.

Joe