New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2010 has suddenly glitched up my resume

I used tables in a Word 2010 document to control the layout of my resume. I was editing it, and using the Draw Table tool to create a new cell when abruptly the whole table containing the bulk of my resume content shifted down a page, leaving my first page mostly empty. I am unable to move the table back onto the first page where it belongs. That table is also overlapping the footer on the second page, and the page border I was using on the document has disappeared as well. I tried to download a copy of the same document that I had sent as an attachment in an email, and it opened up with the same glitches. The original document was in Compatible file format. I have also discovered that two other separately saved versions of the same document open with the same glitches!

Could this be a systemic problem with the application itself? Can this problem be fixed, and what are my options?

Thanks
    As a first step, I would click in the table, and make sure that it is "inline" by disabling "text wrapping" for the table. On the ribbon: (Table) Layout tab, Properties, then in the dialog: Table tab, "Text wrapping" => None. That should prevent it from sliding around the document and hopefully you can proceed from there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscher2000 For This Useful Post:

HMJirka (2011-11-28)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

That fixed the problem! I might have known the solution would be a simple one. Well, I learned a little more about table tricks tonight.

Thanks!