3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

iTunes and iPad 5.0.1 synch trouble

This may be something simple (e.g., I'm not setting some parameter correctly) or more profound, but...

While I run Windows 7 pcs (3), i do use the iPad (version 1). I have always been pleasantly amazed that it synced so readily to my iTunes songs and even more to my Outlook Contacts and Calendar. There was no messy set-up or other challenges to revert me to geekhood.

Not too long ago the iPad updated to release 5 -- rapidly, no problems, beautifully. Everything worked.

Shortly thereafter release 5.0.1 was called for, and my life has not been the same.

After installation the iPad basically said that it wasn't working and that I needed to install a fresh, up-to-date version of the software. Some data would be saved on my pc and then restored, but not all of the data or settings. And it kept doing this over and over again, every time I connected the iPad to the pc.

After the installation, I was not able to run the software for some time. After a lot of effort, I was able to get things working on another Windows 7 pc and then again on my main pc. However, the calendar no longer syncs with my Outlook calendar. Any idea of how to turn this on again?

Thanks.

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    iOS 5 introduced iCloud, which syncs a lot of data to "the cloud" or to iTunes as you specify. It's possible that the corrupt iOS5.0.1 installation followed by the factory restore may have changed your settings so that the iPad no longer syncs these to iTunes/Outlook, but now to the iCloud.

Check in Settings > iCloud to see if anything is not how you would like it.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It appears that my iPad wants to look to the iCloud for info. How do I revert it to looking at the pc that I connect it to for updates, charging, etc.?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I just figured it out! I've been looking at settings on the iPad, and it is set to update from the pc. However, I needed to reset my settings in iTunes on the PC. Going to the Info pull-down menu gave me all of the control I needed.

I don't know why I had all I needed before the software re-install, and it didn't work afterward, but things are fine now!!!