New Lounger

format picture in word 2007

I copied a pdf image to word 2007. I went to edit the image. wanted to change brightness to fix the pic. From the "Picture" tab, I wanted to adjust the Brightness (values are in %). when I change and click "OK" an error pops up: "The measurement must be between 0" and 0". I click OK and nothing happens. In fact, I cant even get out of this. Will I have to ctl-alt-del to close the word app and lose all my work????? Thanks!

Silicon Valley, USA
    I'm not familiar with that feature, so I'm not sure what has gone wrong there.

Regarding crashing out of Word, if you have Word set to create Autorecovery save files, then when you restart Word, you should be offered the option to open and save the last backup Word made. When you close a document normally, these files are flushed, so if you haven't crashed Word before, you might not have seen that dialog.

Word also might have created some temp files containing intermediate changes from your last save of the document. These might be in the same folder as the document you were working on, or in the last folder you used during the current Word session, or in your [My] Documents folder. It can be a little unpredictable when Word would clean up these files, so if you can find them before you terminate Word, that probably would be best.

Windows sometimes hides files from you, so in looking for .tmp and .asd files, it is best to turn on viewing of hidden files. How you do this varies between Windows 2000/XP and Windows Vista/7. In 2000/XP, use My Computer or Windows Explorer: Tools > Folder Options > View tab. In Vista/7, use Organize > Folder and Search options > View tab.