New Lounger
    Thanks

Problem Changing Backup Options Windows 7

Hi, all, I have been trying to figure out how to change the backup options that I originally set when I first got this computer. I went to the Microsoft KB and it indicated there is a button "change settings". Okay, I click on that and it takes me to the C drive! I see no way to change the settings. The drive I originally set is nearly full and I have another drive that is empty and thus the reason for the change. HELP! thanks in advance.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

mart44
    Not helpful I know but when I click on that setting, the drives available for backups eventually show, these being D: (a second internal hard drive) and E: (CD/DVD drive). I can't think why you'd be taken to the drive where the files/folders you want to back up are situated. Does the drive you want to use show up in 'My Computer'?

Edit: I note there's a 'Refresh' button in that section. Have you tried that? I expect the drive would first need to be showing up in My Computer for that to work.
    Last edited by mart44; 2011-12-04 at 02:15.