Thanks

Update profile picture

Likely this has been covered somewhere, but I haven't been able to locate instructions on how to supply a profile picture. Guidance/pic specs would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jock

Thanks
    Options for changing your avatar can be found here. Your avatar displays below your username next to posts:
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/pro...?do=editavatar

Options for changing your profile picture can be found here. Your profile picture displays when someone clicks on your name and views your profile page:
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/pro...editprofilepic

Hope that helps. All sorts of options like these can be found from the User Control Panel, it can be a very useful page for members once you get used to its features: http://windowssecrets.com/forums/usercp.php
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

3. The Following User Says Thank You to I.M.O.G. For This Useful Post:

jockmullin (2011-12-06)

Thanks
    Hi I.M.O.G.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for - avatar didn't occur to me and I thought profile picture would apply to both situations.

Still remain hesitant about creating an avatar - only gods have avatars. Seems a bit profane, somehow

Jock

Thanks

Avatars not visible when logged in - why?

After playing around in the test area I found my problem with trying to set up an avatar graphic on my posts.

I thought it wasn't working, but in fact it turns out I never see any avatars (mine or others') after I log in, but only when guest-lurking.

Seems odd behaviour, and I was wondering why it is like that. Not a problem really but just curious.

Jock

Thanks
    Hi Jock,

Click on the Settings link in the upper right of the Lounge page beside the Log in/Log Out link. On the left side of the Settings page, locate My Settings, then look at My Account and beneath that heading click on General Settings. Scroll down the General Settings page and find Thread Display Options, and place a check beside Show Avatars if you want to see all Lounger Avatars in the posts and threads. Remove the check to do away with the display of avatars in the threads and posts.

While there check out other options on the General Settings page. There is a lot of useful things to see in your account settings.

Hope this helps.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deadeye81 For This Useful Post:

I.M.O.G. (2011-12-15),jockmullin (2011-12-15)

Thanks
    Hi Loungers, Why does the 3rd link in Matt's #2 post show as 'usercp.php' but appears as 'Settings' when opened ?
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    Hi Loungers, Why does the 3rd link in Matt's #2 post show as 'usercp.php' but appears as 'Settings' when opened ?
    usercp.php refers to the user control panel which is named Settings in Lounger's user profiles. The .php extension refers to an open source HTML embedded scripting language used to create dynamic Web pages.

Thanks
    Hi Deadeye81,
    the reason I asked was, 'Profile' & 'Settings' as used here, are combined and called User CP on other Forums.

Thanks
    We don't call it profile - the member posting with a question asked about how to configure his profile options. I instructed him to go to UserCP.

On vbulletin 3.X versions of the forum software, UserCP was always called UserCP. Many (most) forums still use vbulletin 3.X.

WindowsSecrets uses vbulletin 4.X. vbulletin 4.X started calling the UserCP "settings". In addition to settings, the UserCP also displays PM notifications and thread subscriptions, which are actually useful everyday... Any site I visit daily, I start my visit at UserCP to see if I have any PMs or updated subscribed threads.

Your profile picture is the one displayed in the top left here:
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/mem.../68310-I.M.O.G.

Sometimes, users use "profile picture" and "avatar" interchangeably. Almost every forum uses "avatars", however many do not enable the "profile picture" option.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

Thanks
    Thanks Matt.