3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Accessing skydrive on Firefox 8

Not sure where this should be posted. My son sent a link to photos/slide show down with skydrive (Windows Live.) Click on link, sign in, and I get blank pages. Using Firefox 8 on Win XP. ... If I force it to use IE 8 it works. ... I can't find anything in FireFox that would be causing this.

Al

mart44
    I have a SkyDrive account with a few photos uploaded to it and don't have any problem viewing them using Firefox 8, which shows it can work OK. A good first move would be to try emptying the cache. If that doesn't work, try logging into the site when using Firefox in Firefox's Safe Mode (disables extensions), just to see if it might be an extension causing the problem. About the only other remote thing I can think of is perhaps some permission in the firewall is blocking the images. A bit difficult to suggest a sure cure when I haven't got the problem myself.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Not the cache. I'm experimenting with everything ... even those that seem illogical ... to see what is blocking this. Not likely the firewall, IE8 handles it okay.

mart44
    I found this. It might help. I note it's a slide show that you are trying to see. Are individual photos viewable?

https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/824157

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Did safe mode ... no addons extensions working ... same problem. Guess I'll keep poking around. Has to be an answer somewhere. Probably something simple. No photos show ... just a complete white screen. The address bar at the top says I'm apparently connected.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried refreshing the page when the blank page is showing?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yep. Tried refresh. ... The little "loading" thing shows briefly in the center but that is all.