5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sysinternals: an underappreciated utility suite

INSIDER TRICKS

Sysinternals: an underappreciated utility suite

By Lincoln Spector

Digging down into the heart of Windows is rarely fun (for most of us) but sometimes necessary. As with any excavation job, success comes down to having the right shovel. Luckily, Microsoft's Windows Sysinternals provides you with about 140 different shovels all free and portable.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/insider-tricks/sysinternals-an-underappreciated-utility-suite/ (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

Lounger
    Thanks
    The utilities sound interesting but when I try to run them, a small window blinks open and then disappears. I try running them as Administrator with same results. I have Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit). Consistent with my overall experience with Microsoft for the past 25 years.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heritage View Post
    The utilities sound interesting but when I try to run them, a small window blinks open and then disappears. I try running them as Administrator with same results. I have Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit). Consistent with my overall experience with Microsoft for the past 25 years.
    Try asking your question in the Windows 7 or Other Applications forum.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Great set of utilities! I have used them for years.
    A useful utility to easily keep Sysinternals updated is Sysinternals Updater, which can be found here: http://www.wieldraaijer.nl/