New Lounger
    Thanks

Inexplicable failure for one of my accounts in '07 Outlook

Hello,

I use MS Outlook 2007 to aggregate my various email accounts. For several years I have had an account through domain.com. My email address uses the catch-all of @robcaldwell.net. For no comprehensive reason, this account stopped being received in Outlook. I can access it through its OX Webmail platform, but not in Outlook.

When I check my account settings in Outlook, everything appears normal. In fact, when I "Test Account Settings" I can receive the test email in my Ox Webmail, but not in Outlook.

I tried to get help from Domain.com, but all they say is to contact Microsoft.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? All of my other accounts send and receive just fine in Outlook except this one.

Thank you,

Rob Caldwell

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,220 Posts
    Do you get an error message when trying to connect? Do you have other accounts working on the same server?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I get the following message:

"Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR Cannot establish SSL with POP server 66.11.233.51:110, SSL_connect error 336031996"

As I mentioned, when I try to communicate this information to Domain.com, they say that there is no problem on their end and to contact Microsoft.

I have no other accounts that try to access that specific server.

Rob Caldwell

Administrator
    Thanks
    Do you have a google or yahoo account, from where you could test accessing this POP account? That would definitively rule out Outlook as the source. From the error message it looks to me that it's either a server problem, or the server / port are not being correctly specified.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am able to send messages from Outlook that are received on the Domain.com OX Webmail platform. But the same message is not being received in Outlook.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by highred139 View Post
    I am able to send messages from Outlook that are received on the Domain.com OX Webmail platform. But the same message is not being received in Outlook.
    That means that your outgoing server settings are correct and Outlook is able to connect to the server and send messages. The problems is with the incoming settings or the server, as the error message also states. Thus my suggestion regarding the use of gmail. If gmail couldn't access the account either, it's definitely something domain.com needs to address.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Twice now (prior to posting here) I have submitted a case to Domain.com about this situation. As I mentioned previously, each time they defer me to contact Microsoft. Obviously they are not putting any thought into the situation and just passing me off.

My question is: If this were your issue, and if you were to draft a message to the company hosting your email account, and understanding what we both know now, what would you say? How would you state the issue in order that they understand that the problem is on their end, not Microsofts?

Thanks,

Rob Caldwell

Administrator
    Thanks
    Hi Rob,

Right now you can't state with full certainty that it is their fault. That's why I advised you to try to access your account from some other platform, such as google, yahoo or hotmail. If access fails from there, you can be certain that it is their fault and they won't be able to keep telling you to contact Microsoft.