New Lounger
    Thanks

Problem viewing e-mails in Windows Live Mail

My boss recently got a new computer, and had to import all her old e-mails to Windows Live Mail. But there is a problem when she tries viewing some of these.

Let's say she has a folder with three e-mails, one with the subject line "e-mail 1", the other with "e-mail 2" and the third with "e-mail 3". If she clicks on any of the e-mails in that folder, only "e-mail 1" will be displayed. So if she clicks on "e-mail 2" the viewing pane will still only show "e-mail 1" - subject line and content and all (but in the list they still have their original subject lines, senders etc.)

I hope that my explanation was somewhat understandable. We have no idea what to do about this, so hopefully some of you guys will know. We have tried importing the e-mails again, several times, but it doesn't help. On her old computer nothing is wrong (it's about the only thing that does work there...). When double-clicking the e-mail so that it opens in a new window the wrong e-mail is still displayed. I cannot think of anything else to do at this point, does anyone have an idea?

Thanks
    Hi Ciuva, Welcome to The Lounge.
    Its possibly that the emails were not exported correctly or not done using the manual method. Are they still available in their original location.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, the e-mails are still available in their original location. Most of the folders work fine, it's just three or four specific ones where the e-mails are problematic. She's exported them from Windows Mail using the menu in the program (file>export>...) and then imported them to Windows Live Mail through the import menu, also in the program. The strange thing is that I've used the exact same method, between the exact same operating systems and e-mail clients, on my computers, and I've never had any problems whatsoever.

Thanks
    When exporting mail, you have the option of selecting all or only certain folders, the choice is your's. When importing into WLM, they get saved in the storage folders, open it then select 'Move To' i.e. inbox to inbox, sent item to sent items etc. I suggest clearing WLM storage then trying again. It prevents getting duplicates.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!