New Lounger
    Thanks

Adding Due By Column (Outlook 2000)

I send interoffice e-mail to my staff and would like to add a "due by" column so the e-mail can be sorted this way by both sender and receiver. I can add the column to the mail in my folders, but cannot put a date in. If I try to do this through Actions/Flag for Follow-up I get an error message that says "you don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation."

Any ideas on how to add the due by information?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Adding Due By Column (Outlook 2000)

Well, due by isn't a default field on a mail item. You'd have to customize a form and get it published/distributed. If you're sending assignments, have you thought of using Tasks? You can assign them to others, get status reports, set reminders, etc. This could be a simpler solution since you don't have to go down the development/maintenance road.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

no -it isa default field and the due by field can be added to the inbox view. it's set by adding a flag/reminder. the problem is that permissions are not set correctly to allow the flag to be set.

i haven't had time to look ino it and nothing popped immediately into mind, especially since it appears to be her mailbox that gives the error.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Live and learn! I find that I can do this and it works fine. I couldn't find anything on point in the MSKB on an initial search, but will look around.