Thread: Word 2010 Style

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2010 Style

When opening documents in Word 2010, I have a DocumentOpen event that checks for our so-called Draft Line. If it's not already present, I add the required text, first adding the appropriate style.

My problem occurs when one type of document opens and the cursor is in a text box at the very top of the document. It seems that when I add the style, the text box "definition" gets added to the style. So the new bit of text with this style, finds itself in a text box at an absolute distance from the top of the page.

Is there a way to avoid having the style pick up the text box info? I wasn't even aware that a style could have a text box as one of its attributes.

Thanks.
    Richard Barrett

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You can delete the frame attribute on the style if it happens to exist

eg
    ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 2").Frame.Delete
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by richardbarrett View Post
    .... I wasn't even aware that a style could have a text box as one of its attributes.
    Text boxes can't, but frames can. In addition to Andrew's suggestion, if you are adding the style manually, move the cursor away from the frame before you add the style. You might consider including the style in a style set that you can apply to the document.

Pam

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I see... thank you. And there's apparently no error with the delete method if there's no frame to delete. This will work well.