Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lounger
    Thanks
    FYI. I discovered the villain that was disabling Windows error reporting function. It's a program called Soluto. I also discovered that the part of that program that disables error reporting can be disabled (which I will do). So, everyone beware of what third party programs can do to your machine without even warning you about what's happening.

4 Star Lounger
    Hillsborough (San Francisco Bay area), California, USA
    Thanks
    I've been using Soluto for the better part of a year, and it hasn't disabled error reporting. ??Did you do something unusual during its setup/configuration??

Zig

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zig View Post
    I've been using Soluto for the better part of a year, and it hasn't disabled error reporting. ??Did you do something unusual during its setup/configuration??

Zig
    I think that maybe this problem with Soluto has just occurred with the recent versions. Anyway, I went to the Soluto support website and there were messages from more than one user saying that their Window's error reporting had been disabled when they installed Soluto. And the official reply didn't dispute that Soluto was causing the problem with error reporting and they told how to avoid the problem (by disabling Handle Application Crashes in Soluto). And since I've disables Handle Application Crashes in Soluto my Windows error reporting is set to Automatically check for solutions and send additional report data, if needed (and I can't change it). So, it would seem that the mystery is solved.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123