2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unable to remove sheet from workbook

I was working in a workbook that has sheets in it showing the contents of my CD library. Yesterday I tried to delete a sheet that I no longer wanted. When tried to close the workbook a box appeared stating Save As in my Documents library with the file name and save as type. I click save and a box appears "Confirm Save As". In the box it states "CDs.xlsx already exists. Do want to replace it? I click on Yes in order to close.

When I reopen the workbook a box appears "Excel found unreadable content in 'CDs.xlsx' Do you want to recover the contents of this wokbook? If you trust the source of this workbook click Yes."(the only way it will reopen)

It opens and another box appears "Repairs to 'CDs.xlsx' " In the box "Excel was able to open the file by repairing or removing the unreadable content. Repaired Records: View from /XL/workbook.xml part (Workbook) Click to view log file listing repairs: C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Temp\error 007000 01.xml "

I close this box and the sheet I tried to delete hasn't been deleted. When I want to close the workbook I have to go through the same routine as stated in the first paragraph above.

I have no idea what caused this problem and have worked with this workbook many times before.

Thanks
    It sounds like you have a corruption. Check out
    http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/CorruptFiles.asp

Steve

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Steve. I probably should have mentioned that I operate Windows 7 with Excel 2007. I guess since I'm able to open the workbook I can just disregard this sheet or try and copy the other sheets to a new workbook.

Ken

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey Steve, I just was fooling around trying to open a new Excel page and copying from the old workbook and got a new workbook without the corrupted sheet. I deleted the old workbook and things are working fine now. I still don't know what I did to corrupt the old book or create the new one. But it works!
    Ken

Thanks
    Glad you solved it. There are many ways it can be corrupted, copying things to a new sheet often can fix it...Steve