New Lounger
    Thanks

Smile Backup error 0x80070005

Today I set my Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1 (Build 7601 Service Pack 1) to do a complete Backup to a brand new external hard drive.

I opted for the Windoes default backup settings, set it running and since it was slow, I walked away and left it. After an hour it was 60% complete so I left it again.
    When I returned it had Backup size 94.43 GB with 832.88GB free and the message Check your backup.
    The last backup did not complete successfully.

The More information box gave me
    Check your backup - Access is denied
    Try to run backup again
    Change backup settings
    Followed by
    Backup time 14/12/2011 17.01 (UK time dd/mm/yyyy)
    Backup location :SAMSUNG (G - the drive I was using
    Error code 0x80070005
    I have no idea what this means!

I have a built tower with the hardware defined by the attached screen print of the control panel hardware list - not page 3 is only half a dozen lines more than page 2!

Hope I have given you all of the information you need to help me solve my problem.

By the way in gathering the data I have discovered there are 16 updates waiting to be added!
    C Arrowsmith
    BA(Open), MBCS, CITP, Dip. Mgmt.(Open)

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carrows589 View Post
    When I returned it had Backup size 94.43 GB with 832.88GB free and the message Check your backup. The last backup did not complete successfully.
    The More information box gave me
    Check your backup - Access is deniedng
    Error code 0x80070005
    "ca"
    Hello... As far as i can find the error code is kind of "generic" ...Sounds like the Windows backup was trying to access a folder and was denied ...because of permissions ... Try running the backup as an "Administrator" (Right click on program) Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up How to fix error code 0x80070005?

You can find the solution here - http://www.completepcpedia.com/fix_0...scheduler.html
    Ken