4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Contacts - How do I simplify them?

I am a fairly savvy computer user but this one just has me flummoxed.

I have a PC running Windows 8.1, an IPad 3 running IOS 7 and an IPhone 3GS running IOS 6 (that's the most current version it will run). It's an old IPhone that I just acquired. It is my first smart phone, I have had the IPad for 2 years.

I use Hotmail, or Outlook.com, primarily through the Windows Live Mail desktop client. I have a Google account but I do not like Gmail and do not use it on a regular basis. Hotmail keeps trying to import my Facebook contacts, which means that sometimes when I address an e-mail, I send it to someone's FB e-mail address, if I am not careful.

How do I get my Contacts organized and synchronized? When I make changes to a contact on the IPhone, sometimes the changes shows up on the IPad or on ICloud, sometimes it doesn't. Not sure why. It just seems like there should be a way to keep the information somewhere and when I make a change, have it show up on all my devices. If I have to have one Contacts directory for e-mail addresses and another one for phone numbers and addresses, I'm OK with that although having it all in one place would be great. Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Hi donebb, I don't know anything about your other equipment, but you must sign-in to WLM with your MS Account for contacts to sync with them.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks George, yes I do that. I primarily use the contacts in WLM to track e-mail addresses, while I use IOS to track phone numbers and physical addresses. It just seems like there should be a way to pull it all together in one place, preferably on the PC, to make editing easier.

Thanks
    Hi donebb, I only store the personal mail addresses in WLM & don't have any other equipment except for an old mobile phone.
    If you open Contacts in WLM, right click any list you can add :-

RR.JPG
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.