Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2010 (Access VBA) export to Excel 2003 .xls?

We have an Access utility which processes timesheet data. One of its valuable features is that it will export a week's worth of data to a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 format, which the clerks enter into the mainframe payroll program. We're in the throes of upgrading the utility, and this week the programmer's own computer was updated to Office 2010. She told me today that now the utility insists on exporting the spreadsheet to a 2010 format, xlsx.

Since many of the users don't currently have Office 2010, which is being rolled out over some months, we'd like to find a way for VBA to set the export to a 2003 format, .xls. I have the filter which converts 2010 to 2003, but it will slow everyone down enormously. If Excel can save a file in an earlier format, VBA should be able to specify it . . . . Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

axsc

Thanks
    AXSC,

You probablly have 2 options here.
    1. Let it export to .xlsx format and install the free MS Conversion pack on all the machines with versions prior to 2007.
    2. Have the programmer change the code to change to save to Office 2000 format. To do this use the DoCmd TransferSpreadsheet method. Check out the help file for specifics.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much! I will share the DoCmd TransferSpreadsheet approach as being the most likely to work well.

axsc