New Lounger
    Thanks

Need help on Windows 7 computer

I am using Windows 7 computer which i had purchased last year. It has 4 partitions and all were filled with data. So to make space for new data i formatted one of the partition in my hard drive. I thought that partition had data which i dint require. But after formatting the partition i got to know it had some of my fathers office files in it. He still does not know this. But when he gets to know he might get angry. I wanted to know if there is anything which can get back files which were deleted from hard drive. I am ready to pay anything for it. Plz help.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ranald View Post
    I am using Windows 7 computer which i had purchased last year. It has 4 partitions and all were filled with data. So to make space for new data i formatted one of the partition in my hard drive. I thought that partition had data which i dint require. But after formatting the partition i got to know it had some of my fathers office files in it. He still does not know this. But when he gets to know he might get angry. I wanted to know if there is anything which can get back files which were deleted from hard drive. I am ready to pay anything for it. Plz help.
    I've used their software but not this particular one but have a look at it.
    Last edited by Deadeye81; 2011-12-21 at 04:51. Reason: Cleaned up link

Thanks
    A Google search shows many possible options. I cannot vouch for any as I have never used these products. Do not write to the partition at all. every write to that partition will over write some of the data that was there. This points out the value of data back up.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    As Ted says, do not write data to the partition. Try Easeus data recovery wizard.

There is a free version, but I believe it has a 1GB cap on the amount of data that can be recovered. The paid-for version removes that cap.

Also, learn from the experience: speak to your father about separate user accounts, data segmentation and backups. Moreover, I can't overstate enough what Ted alluded to: always ensure you have full backups before formatting or deleting a partition.
    Last edited by Tinto Tech; 2011-12-21 at 05:04. Reason: typo

Thanks
    You might also try Recuva.

Jerry

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ranaki,

When the others say, "Don't write anything to the partition" before attempting recovery - the safest way to do all this is to pull the drive from the computer and attach it as a secondary drive to ANOTHER computer which will then run the recovery programs. Good luck!!

Zig