New Lounger
    Thanks

Excel 'sub' worksheets (Excel XP)

I have converted a spreadsheet from Quattro Pro. It is a single sheet with multiple ranges. I would like to identify each range and set different print formats for each. For example: Range1 needs to be Landscaped and printed on legal paper, Range2 needs to be Portrait and printed on regular letter paper, etc. I have been able to define my ranges, but can't seem to set different print formats THAT WILL REPEAT the next time I print the range. I thought perhaps printing to a file would allow me to "save" these settings. However, once I saved the file to print, Excel no longer recognized the document format.

Any suggestions?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel 'sub' worksheets (Excel XP)

The print settings are kept with the worksheet, not by ranges on the sheet. Therefore, you can't set print parameters that will stay with the range being printed.

The easiest way to do what you want is to use Custom Views. You can create a custom view for each of the ranges, and keep the print settings with the view.
    Legare Coleman

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel 'sub' worksheets (Excel XP)

Thanks for the suggestion. Once I figured out how to attach the print formats I wanted through the Set Print Area feature, the Custom Views worked like a charm.