New Lounger
    Thanks

HP printer drivers for win7 32bit

I have an HP psc2210xi printer that I want to use on a standalone win7 32bit desktop computer. I cannot find a driver for this particular combination. I can install it on a win764bit desktop with no problem. I cannot seem to find a driver for this particular configuration. Any suggestions? Microsoft suggests I ask a friend for help so that is what I am doing. Thanks in advance.
    Bob

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Perhaps you've already been to this page; it indicates that the drivers for your printer are already included with Windows 7, which means they should automatically install a few moments after the USB cable from the printer is plugged into the computer.

Are you not getting a USB device has been plugged in sound or any activity or recognition, or something else? You could also check Windows update, optional to see if something is there for the printer, according to HP though, they are already included.

Thanks
    If you can't get the drivers for it to work on Windows 7, connect the old printer to an old XP box, and network the two PCs together.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Reply to Infinicore: Perhaps I should have been more verbose. The drivers supplied in Win7 64bit work fine. The drivers supplied in the win7 32bit (Home edition) do not work. The owner of this computer has only one computer. I know it's hard to believe but it's true. I have both 64 and 32bit win7 machines in my house. The 64bit works fine with this printer. My 32bit computer will not print with the hp 2210xi. Have tried all the fixes offered via Win7 and no go. Thank you for your help.
    Bob

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Reply to Star Lounger: Please see my reply to Infinicore. Thanks for the help. The quick answer of course is to reinstall XP or buy a new printer. For a variety of reasons these options are not immediately available.
    Bob

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by howardrl View Post
    Microsoft suggests I ask a friend for help so that is what I am doing. Thanks in advance.
    Bob,
    Hello... Just a thought... If you go to Control panel>Devices and Printers>..Does windows see the printer? If so click on it and then select "Customize your Printer" Select from the drop down your printer ...and "OK" you will then be presented with a "Properties screen" Click on the Security "Tab" and make sure it is set to print for all the users..Administrators, Users, etc. Regards Fred

PS: Also go to System configuration>Services... and make sure that the "Print Spooler" is checked.
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2011-12-23 at 09:24.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Reply to Fred

Fred, Thank you for the suggestions. The computer finds the printer. When I click on the printer I do not see an option for customize. However, it does say it needs troubleshooting. I do the trouble shoot and it tells me there is no driver. After going through other options in "troubleshooting" it suggests I ask a friend who maybe able to help. If I right click on the printer icon I can select properties and then choose scan. It says the scanner is ready i.e. I assume that means it has the appropriate driver. I just now ran a scan and it worked perfectly. Something is wrong with the printer driver in win7 32bit home edition. Don't know about other than home. This has happened with two different computers; one a home built the other a Dell, about 3-4 years old (don't remember the model) and with two different install disks. Very strange.
    Any other thoughts?
    Bob

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by howardrl View Post
    The computer finds the printer. When I click on the printer I do not see an option for customize.
    Any other thoughts?
    Bob,
    Don't know if you did ...but you have to Double click on the "Printer Icon". I have booted up "7" \32 , slightly different than "64" So i posted some Screen Shots....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just Plain Fred: Thank you. I found a site at HP for manual installation of the drivers. Ultimately that got it to working on my computer. Will next try it on my daughter's and see if it works there too. Here is the address
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...&product=79502. Thanks to all who tried to help. A great forum.
    Bob