Thanks

Secunia is unable to verify Internet connection

On my laptop, running Windows 7 Home Premium, Secunia is unable to verify my Internet connection, so I can't run a scan manually. But if it's time for the weekly scan, Secunia connects just fine when the computer starts. Other programs and browsers connect to the net just fine so the problem probably isn't the actual connection. This started about a month ago. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Secunia. That didn't help.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,325 Posts
    Patrice,

When you did your uninstall/install did you use either Revo Uninstaller or CCleaner to clean out the junk left in the registry by Secunia? I would actually try uninstalling using Revo and then run CCleaner to get rid of the Temporary Internet files, or do it in your browser. That way you can make sure there isn't anything hanging around to mess up your new install. Also rebooting before the reinstall can help.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Hi Patrice,

If programs are not installed correctly, problems can happen. It could also be blocked by your Firewall if one is installed (Not Windows FW). Installing.pdf
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    Also, check to make sure your Java is up to date.
    http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre&try=1

J
    erry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi
    Not wishing to take anything from the fine folks on this Forum but you may get more accurate help from the PSI Forum http://secunia.com/community/forum/all_threads/ There's usually several volunteers around to give advice + Secunia officials sometimes 'trawl' the Forum & give advice.
    I would suggest that you check the FAQ's on their website-there are known issues with different OS & versions of the PSI. I would also suggest that fill in the signature section with your OS details, type of comp, version of the PSI that you're using, & browser details. All of that info will be needed before anyone can determine how to help.
    I'm not a Secunia official nor do I receive any compensation from them or represent them in any form. Just familiar with how their system works from observation.
    Good luck.
    Happy Holidays.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby-p View Post
    Hi
    Not wishing to take anything from the fine folks on this Forum but you may get more accurate help from the PSI Forum http://secunia.com/community/forum/all_threads/ There's usually several volunteers around to give advice + Secunia officials sometimes 'trawl' the Forum & give advice.
    I would suggest that you check the FAQ's on their website-there are known issues with different OS & versions of the PSI. I would also suggest that fill in the signature section with your OS details, type of comp, version of the PSI that you're using, & browser details. All of that info will be needed before anyone can determine how to help.
    I'm not a Secunia official nor do I receive any compensation from them or represent them in any form. Just familiar with how their system works from observation.
    Good luck.
    Happy Holidays.
    Hi bobby-p, FYI, Secunia Forums can be accessed directly from the program if it's registered.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!