Thanks

The amazing reappearing album art .jpg files!

'Lo all,

Here's one for ya: On two computers one an HP desktop, one a Sony Vaio laptop, both running Win 7 64 I have this slightly irritating problem. I have a pretty large music collection, about 233 GB worth (so far), but I don't save any album art files, usually. The ones listed as "AlbumArt_{A323A56F-0277-4F2A-AF31-4AC28F01989D}_Small.jpg" (the string in between {} is different for each file) always seem to reappear shortly after deleting them. And not all of the time. Weird. I have looked for some kind of setting in both Windows Explorer and my music programs (mostly I use Winamp) and can't seem to find anything that would indicate an auto download of Album Art files.

Anyone see anything like this?
    HP Pavillion Elite HPE-127 c-b Intel Core i5 750 2.67 Ghz 8 GB RAM one 2 TB Hdd, and one 3 TB Hdd with one 3TB external HDD Win 7 Home Premium 64, GeForce GT 220 1 Gig Vram; Sony Vaio laptop with Intel i3 330-M 2.13 Ghz 4 GB RAM 500 GB Hdd Win 7 Home Premium 64; not to mention an HTC One (the older model) and a Nexus 7(2013)

--------------------------------

Dogs Aren't Our Whole Life
    BUT
    They Make Our Life Whole.

Thanks
    Have a look in Windows Media Player/Tools/Options/Library.

There is an option there to retrieve additional information from the internet.

Thanks
    Do you have your library options set to delete only from the library, or to delete from both the library and the file location? If the options are set to delete from the library only, you'll need to either delete them from the file location, or change the option to delete them from both the library and the file location.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Browni: I rarely if ever use Media Player. That same option (or one similar) exists in Winamp, which I do use, and is unchecked. And I did check Media Player a while back and made sure that option is unchecked as well, on both pc's.

bbearen: I don't use the "libraries", I have my hd partitioned and on my Data drive is where I have my music, pictures writings and such. I delete from the actual folder, and **poof** there they are again. If I look in Recycle Bin I see all the deleted files, no matter how many there are.

And again, sometimes when I delete those files they stay deleted. it seems that it is folder specific, perhaps, yet I can find no setting in Folder Options either.
    Last edited by survivor78; 2011-12-26 at 09:23.
    HP Pavillion Elite HPE-127 c-b Intel Core i5 750 2.67 Ghz 8 GB RAM one 2 TB Hdd, and one 3 TB Hdd with one 3TB external HDD Win 7 Home Premium 64, GeForce GT 220 1 Gig Vram; Sony Vaio laptop with Intel i3 330-M 2.13 Ghz 4 GB RAM 500 GB Hdd Win 7 Home Premium 64; not to mention an HTC One (the older model) and a Nexus 7(2013)

BUT

Thanks
    Perhaps whichever player you are using is fetching additional album information from the internet.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by survivor78 View Post

(mostly I use Winamp) and can't seem to find anything that would indicate an auto download of Album Art files.

Anyone see anything like this?
    Hi, click 'file' in top left corner of Winamp, select Album Art. Right click it and you might get what your looking for.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    As you will be able to see, I don't see the Album Art option in the File menu, and I looked through all the options in all the menu items including Preferences and don't see anything pertaining to downloading album art. This seems to me to be Windows behavior, but I can't be sure, 'cuz I can't find a Windows option for this either.

Attachment 29966
    Attached Images Attached Images

BUT

Thanks
    Album art is part of album info, album details, etc. If your preferences are set to obtain additional album info online, then album art is also going to be obtained online.

Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by survivor78 View Post
    I don't see the Album Art option in the File menu, and I looked through all the options in all the menu items including Preferences and don't see anything pertaining to downloading album art. This seems to me to be Windows behavior, but I can't be sure, 'cuz I can't find a Windows option for this either.
    Now you see how it's done, right click it when it opens. Image and File Posting.pdf

RR.jpg

Thanks
    Still don't see that option. Is yours perhaps the paid for version?

Screen Capture 2.jpg

BUT

Thanks
    It's the free version using a different skin to yours.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    It's the free version using a different skin to yours.
    Hmmm... so why then do I not have the Album art option, even? Still don't have a clue why I can't delete some album art files.

(How did that hazrat spammer dude get in here?)

BUT