2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cursor moves to control with out command or mouse or keyboard input

I have a database in Access 2003 that has worked for years. Recently it has developed a problem. In the middle of entering data in a subform the cursor will jump to another control normally the first one in the line. I have tried making sure that the after update condition of each control direct the cursor to the next control but that has not worked.

I am running Access in Windows XP and that is running under Parallels on a Mac but that has also been the case for years. I have not upgraded my Mac OS to Lion still using Snow Leopard again everything was working previously.

Anyone got any ideas.

Thanks Peter

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd first check the TabIndex of each control, to make sure they are in the order you want. There are also some actions that might cause the subform to be refreshed, which would cause the cursor to return to the first control. Is there any code in the subform's AfterUpdate event? Maybe the Update is being triggered prematurely?
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Marl for those suggestions. The sub form has events for Before Insert After Insert On Open and Got Focus. Insert deals with buttons visible or not. On Open resizes and positions the window. Focus instruct to go to the last record. No on update instructions. Tab index seems OK.

Even more confusing is that when I run on my laptop I do not have the problem. Have just tried updating to Lion so see if there was some sort of glitch that had developed in Snow Leopard but problem remains.

Since my fist post I removed a number of fields from the sub form that were auto numbering as they are not needed but no difference.

I have attached the code in the sub form just in case.

thanks again

Peter
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    I can't really tell anything from the code like that. It is like reading something out-of-context, you really can't associate it with the situation.

That it behaves differently on different computers is odd. Do both have same version of Access?
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Access 2003 on both machines and as I said in my original post it did work on my iMac before.

Happy to post all the code if you have time to look at it. As I have built it over number of years some is redundant and I have not cleaned it up also not well documented.

Thanks very much

Peter

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Uncheck the "snap to" in your mouse settings in control panel. I believe this will solve your problem. It will also explain why the problem exists only on one computer.