Lounger
    Thanks

Win 7 - Dec 13 update continuing saga

Last week I posted an account of the last Windows 7 x64 updates for Office 2010 severely impacting my boot time and generally making my system flakey. Most noticeable was that throughout the day, icons in the system tray became inoperable. I went to uninstall KB2553270 and discovered it had installed 3 copies. After uninstalling all three, my boot times returned to normal and the system tray problems disappeared.

I ran for 3 days with no problems and reinstalled KB2553270 again this morning. Checked the update history and see that it again installed 3 copies of KB2553270. A warm boot went normally, but haven't used the system long enough to determine if the system tray has been affected. If my first cold boot tomorrow morning proceeds normally, I'll probably leave all 3 copies installed. If not, or if other operational problems show up, I'll uninstall the copies one by one until things return to normal.

Would appreciate it if others running a Win 7 x64 system with Office 2010 would check their installed Windows updates to see if KB2553270 appears 3 times. In other words, is this a display artifact or an anomaly of the update. The date of the update release is Dec. 13.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    I can confirm 3 copies of KB2553270 in my Windows 7, 64 bit os with Office 2010 Home & Student.
    Untitled.jpg
    I don't recall having experienced any kind of issue, boot or otherwise, and furthermore, I hadn't even realized there were 3 copies until now.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Single copy for me.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    I too have 3 copies but don't recall any issues with the installation.

Joe