New Lounger
    Thanks

HP Recovery disk space

This is my very first time in the lounge so please bear with me. I have a question about the space available on my HP recovery (D). It says 1.63gb free of 13.3gb. I, duh, know what that means but since I'm new at all this computer stuff, is it something I need to be concerned with? Is there something I need to do to empty up space? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks
    Hi ktheb;
    Not sure what your wanting to know, with HD's so large now days we hardly even look at 15gigs. I guess if you need the space that bad, backup your c: to a image and DL a free partition tool and delete the partition and then expand your C: partition to use the space. Thats the quick help tour, wait on a mod for sure.

Thanks
    The RecoveryPartition is the partition that HP has loaded the info into to allow you to get back to factory fresh. This is entirely separate from your OS partition. You need do nothing with this. Forget about it unless you wish to recover to factory install. Or better yet, start Imaging (read the many threads on imaging) and add this space to your OS partition.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy