Lounger
    Thanks

Looking for Win98se drivers for Samsung printers

(also cross-posted in the Windows 98 section)

Good day to all.

I am looking for Windows 98 or 98se drivers for a couple of Samsung printers. These are both USB printers but I plan to actually install them on Windows XP or Win 7 machines and access them via the network.

The printers in question are the ML-1675 monochrome Laser printer and the CLX-3185 color Laser printer.

I can find Win98 drivers for the Samsung CLX-3160 printer but I am so far unable to find out what the differences between the 3160 and 3180/3185 printers are.

I'm hoping that some kind soul can either point me towards Win98 drivers for either of the ML-1675 / CLX-3185 printers **OR** can tell me if they think that the Win98 driver for the CLX-3160 printer might work with the CLX-3180 / CLX-3185 printer.

Many thanks!

dwayne

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    This is a duplicate to a thread in the Win 98 forum.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    I've closed the thread in the Win98 forum as that forum has very little activity.

Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneR View Post
    (also cross-posted in the Windows 98 section)

Good day to all.

I am looking for Windows 98 or 98se drivers for a couple of Samsung printers. These are both USB printers but I plan to actually install them on Windows XP or Win 7 machines and access them via the network.

The printers in question are the ML-1675 monochrome Laser printer and the CLX-3185 color Laser printer.

I can find Win98 drivers for the Samsung CLX-3160 printer but I am so far unable to find out what the differences between the 3160 and 3180/3185 printers are.

I'm hoping that some kind soul can either point me towards Win98 drivers for either of the ML-1675 / CLX-3185 printers **OR** can tell me if they think that the Win98 driver for the CLX-3160 printer might work with the CLX-3180 / CLX-3185 printer.

Many thanks!

dwayne
    Hi dwayne,
    Hope this helps. Find Drivers for Unknown Devices.pdf
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    How old are these printers?

If newer than W98 I'm guessing Samsung didn't produce retrospective drivers, not many manufacturers do.

You could try just plugging in, W95 may possibly identify them and install a limited driver.