New Lounger
    Thanks

province based tax condition

I use Word for invoicing - basic sample attached. I would like to set it up so that the displayed and formula tax (GST) rate, which I highlighted in red, changes automatically based on the province entered in the header. How would I go about doing this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

There might be a way to do this using Word fields (beyond me, though!), but this would be very easy to do if you create the invoice using Excel, rather than Word. In Excel, you can have a lookup table with each province and its corresponding rate, and then use formulas to automatically bring in the correct rate in the invoice, based on which province is entered at the top.

Gary

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary Frieder For This Useful Post:

spiderling (2012-01-03)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Gary!

I would prefer Word if this is possible, but I'll try find some time to creating the invoice again in Excel.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Hi spiderling,

This can be done easily enough with field coding, using dropdown formfields and formula fields, but this potentially creates problems for your itemised listing. That's because with the document protection required for formfields, you'd need a separate pair of formfields for each potential item and its price - preferably on separate table rows so they'll line up.

See attached. The sales tax is calculated on the basis of what's chose in the 'Province' dropdown.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]