New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows live mail folders unstable xp sp3

I use a lot of folders for my various email accounts in WLM. When I collapse a folder, the whole column jumps up and I have to scroll down again to the folder area I was in. Furthermore, when I start the PC then next day, windows does not remember I colapsed the folder and it is expanded again. This is very annoying and I get no help from MS tech support on the WLM site. Rarely, the folder will stay the way I left it. This problem occurs on many folders in WLM, not just one.

Also, this above mentioned unstable jumping condition occurs much worse in the message body when I'm forwarding a message and editing out all the crap that came with it.

The second issue is WLM does not expand a folder if subfolders have new messages as outlook does. That requires me to open all the folders every other day to see if I have new messages hiding in the subfolders. There isn't a blue (2) for example when I have 2 new messages in a subfolder.

If anyone can help me, that would be great. I can't really complain as the app is free and works very well other than these two problems. OS: XP PRO SP3
    Thanks, Rudy

Thanks
    I'm confused, I guess.
    Why use Windows Live Mail in XP , when Outlook Express is right there and much easier to use.???

I tried to set up Windows Live Mail for a customer (Win-7) and found it a BEAST to set up and it looked Sick.
    My customer didn't like it at all, after using O.E.6 for many years.

Doc
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiodoc View Post
    The second issue is WLM does not expand a folder if subfolders have new messages as outlook does. That requires me to open all the folders every other day to see if I have new messages hiding in the subfolders. There isn't a blue (2) for example when I have 2 new messages in a subfolder.

If anyone can help me, that would be great. I can't really complain as the app is free and works very well other than these two problems. OS: XP PRO SP3
    Thanks, Rudy
    I'm using the last released WLM version for XP on my 2 Win7 pc's and wont change as it's the best. Does this image help?

RR.JPG
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!