2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Disappearing Cursor

I have Windows 7 Pro 64. I have 8 G of memory and plenty of room on my HD. About three weeks ago I found I could be typing and suddenly my cursor would disappear and during the 2-4 seconds that I had been typing, nothing was happening. Then, the cursor would reappear and I could resume typing. I deleted a couple of programs that I had recently added, but that didn't stop it. Does anyone have any ideas about where I need to look to see why this is happening? It takes place anytime I am typing, whether in my word processor, which is WP4, or Outlook 2007.

Thanks
    I would check the mouse/keyboard settings in Control Panel. Something may have gotten changed.

MouseProperties.jpg
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I thought of Ted's answer whilst reading the question!

OT: Ted, what do you use for screen shots like above?

Thanks
    I just use Prt Sc, then paste to Paint. In Paint I can crop and add highlights, etc. Paint is not full featured, but works for me. I'm sure others have many different approaches. MS Snipping Tool for one. I just find this approach is easy and just works.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Or, the K/B could be dying.
    If wireless, try changing the batteries. Otherwise swap the keyboard (try an external if it's a laptop).
    Keyboards are susceptible to static, and here in the northern hemisphere it's that time of year again.

Jock

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I do have a Logtech keyboard and mouse that are wireless. I just bought the present one since the more expensive Logitech pair were giving me some problems. The mouse had a button which was made for a right handed person and I'm lefthanded. I kept hitting it at the most inopportune times. But, that just switched from one program to another. The keyboard had trash or dust bunnies in it that I couldn't clean or blow out and the keys were sticking. The problem existed then too. Anyway, I've gone to the Mouse menu and unchecked the box that Ted mentioned. I'll wait to see if that fixed the problem. If not, I'll change out the batteries. Thanks for the info and help. Happy New Year, you all from West TN.