3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Live Mail: do not want msgs to open full screen size - HELP

This is making me crazy! Every time I open a message, or open a blank so I can write a message, the window opens full screen (this is Windows 7 32 bit professional version). I am using Windows Live Mail as my email program on my computer. I keep making the window smaller, but no matter what I do or how I do it, the same message will open full screen next time. What can I do to stop this from happening?? I want the windows to be the same size each time I open them without my having to do anything.

Please help me solve this problem. I just can't work this way! Every time I go to check a client's message while I am working in another program, I open the message and bam, there it is full screen covering everything and I have to go up in the corner and click to make it not-full-screen and then drag the window to the size I want. This is NUTS!

Thank you for any help!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kelliann1 View Post
    This is making me crazy! Every time I open a message, or open a blank so I can write a message, the window opens full screen (this is Windows 7 32 bit professional version). I am using Windows Live Mail as my email program on my computer. I keep making the window smaller, but no matter what I do or how I do it, the same message will open full screen next time. What can I do to stop this from happening?? I want the windows to be the same size each time I open them without my having to do anything.

Please help me solve this problem. I just can't work this way! Every time I go to check a client's message while I am working in another program, I open the message and bam, there it is full screen covering everything and I have to go up in the corner and click to make it not-full-screen and then drag the window to the size I want. This is NUTS!

Thank you for any help!
    Their is no need to open an Email, just use the preview pane.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OK I need to explain something I said. I am not using WLM 2009 to do daily email, as I indicated above. I imported some messages into it from Outlook Express to drag around and try to find ways to make it work for me. Also, as just mentioned in another thread, I just got another computer. It has WLM mail client program on my computer - version 2011. The windows do not open maximized. I might change to WLM 2011 unless I hear more complaints about people being unable to send or receive mail. Heard anything about that?

Also, I need to be able to move individual mails around the screen, minimize some, place them adjacent to documents etc. Preview pane doesn't work for that.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    WLM 2011 sends and receives mail very well. WLM 2011 does not have all the feature WLM 2009 had, different wallpaper for emails may be one, but I can't remember all the details.

Joe