amandag

Code Interrupted (97)

Something very bizzare is happening on a colleague's machine. We have a word template that runs an auto macro. The code keeps stopping itself. When i click debug and then continue running the code it stops again at a later stage. There is nothing wrong with the code - it will run the code it just keeps stopping itself during the execution. The templates are on our network and no one else is experiencing these problems.

I thought maybe the control and break keys had maybe got stuck thus interrupting the code, but this is not the case.

Does any one have an idea as to what the problem could be?

Any help much appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Code Interrupted (97)

When the code stops and you click on Debug, it takes you to the VB Editor with the line of code that it's stopped on highlighted.
    Are there any common elements to the specific lines of code it's stopping on?

Also, you mention that you click on Debug, so presumably you're getting a VBA error message box when the code stops: what is the error message? Is it the same each time the code stops?

Would it be possible to post the lines of code it's stopping on?

Gary

amandag

Thanks for your reply Gary. The code stops on different lines each time. The message is code interrupted, there is no err number raised. I have to click debug so I can see if there is a problem with the code, but when it takes me into the vbe and then continue to run the code, it will run a few more lines of code and then the same thing - code interrupted. Really bizzare.

Hope this answers your questions.

Lounger
    Thanks

Is it anything silly like the keyboard has had keys remapped? Right country settings?

amandag

Thanks for the suggestions. We have rebuilt the machine and all is now working