New Lounger
    Thanks

Can someone explain this to me?

Hi, I've taken over a spreadsheet from someone who apparently was quite adept at excel. I'm working on a quarterly report which for each month shows date of class, attendance and registrations received, then in a hidden column is a number calculated using this formula as =IF(AND(L38>0,N38<>"CANCELLED"),1,0) which is either a 1 or 0 indicating if that month had a class or not, then in the quarter total column adds these hidden columns to show the number of classes held in that quarter. HELP

New Lounger
    Thanks
    also, I saved his original worksheet and all the data EXCEPT for the formulas.........shouldn't this have kept the original worksheet intact?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, I saved the original worksheet and DELETED all the data EXCEPT for the formulas.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Maureen,

I'not sure what you're asking but I can explain the formula.
    The formula tests to see if both Col L is greater than 0, i.e. there were students and if Col N is NOT equal to "Cancelled" if both of these conditions are true AND() then the formula returns a 1 otherwise a 0.

As for the worksheet remaining intact if you just deleted the data that is true however the formulas will now often cause problems returning #ERROR or #N/A etc.

Please post back if you need more information. A sanatized copy of the worksheet would be helpful.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs