Star Lounger
    Thanks

Organising classical music

I have a collection of about 100 mainly classical CDs that I am intending to rip to FLAC format and store on my Win 7 PC or possibly a network drive.
    Most music player programs such as iTunes and WMP are based around pop music and have a simple data structure: Album, Artists, Tracks (and possibly Genre). Classical music is usually organised by Composer (e.g. Mozart), Work (e.g. Symphony no. 39), Artists, Movements (within the Work), and Type (Piano Concerto, String Quartet and so on). Many CDs contain more than one work, possibly involving different artists, and some works such as operas can span more than one CD.
    I'd like to be able to search for a particular work by composer, artist or type and then play one or a sequence of movements.
    I'd appreciate any advice on the best way to do this and what (preferably free) software can be used for ripping, playing and organising.

George

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Have you tried MediaMpnkey? There is a free version that has almost all features, including ripping to FLAC.

cheers, Paul

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Paul - this looks good. I've downloaded a copy of the free version and am giving it a whirl.
    George