2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Drive partitioning

Hi Guru's

The screen shot is attached are server drives as C drive is going to full day by day .Suggest any idea without any data loss to get some space from E: ?

regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Farrukh,
    You don't say what kind of stuff fills your C drive. My first suggestion would be to move that to the E drive...e.g. log files, data files, etc.
    My second suggestion is to move your pagefile from C to E. That should free up a few gigabytes on C.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    70GB is not enough for a servers system / OS drive. I would not have less then 100GB for Windows, unless it was a virtual machine and I could expand the disk at will.
    If both volumes are on the same physical disk you should be able to delete the partition that contains E: and add some of it to C:.
    Can you post a screen shot of the Disk Manager screen - Start > Run > diskmgmt.msc

cheers, Paul

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Paul/ riffraff

Acutally i cannot delete the drive E: because it contains Sqlserver datafiles .mdf and ldf. Do we have any other way to give some space of E: to C:

Thanks

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Only if the partitions are on the same physical disk, otherwise it's a new disk for C:.
    You will need to buy a server partition manager to shuffle the data around the disks - backup first.
    Partition Wizard
    Paragon
    This freeware "lite" version may work - not used it.

cheers, Paul