Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks so much for your response. I can hear what you say, but I removed the width from the CSS but don't see any difference in the underlying links. I need to learn more about the whole process. You can bet that any changes from now on will be designed around Mozilla!. I checked to see if the #navbar2 was anywhere else, but can't locate it on another template or css. Wonder if maybe there's another width setting that affects it outside of the #navbar2. I've got some learning ahead of me! I so appreciate you full discussion, and can now say amen to all you wrote. Your ideas on possible temporary fixes until I can get the page reworked will be appreciated. Thanks, Judy
    Thanks much, Judy Crawford

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I found the IE Tab addon, tried it and while the links now display correctly, the page looks very funky--content drops down below the Left navigation. I may temporarily redo pages to get links to work--that is re position them. It's not a real fix, and I'll need to redesign this page--the original designer isn't in the picture now, so I'll have to learn a bit more about css and design in general. Thanks for your thoughts and help, Judy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just an FYI, I removed the Width in the #navbar2 earlier this morning. I saved the file, but didn't see any changes when viewing the page in Mozilla or Chrome--the navigaiton still interfered with links on the top of the content sections. Now a few hours later, I tried again, and the links are available and can be accessed on Mozilla and Chrome. There must have been a delay of somekind on our server. Anyway thanks so much for your effort on this one. We all ENJOYED your post so much, Judy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrawfor View Post
    Just an FYI, I removed the Width in the #navbar2 earlier this morning. I saved the file, but didn't see any changes when viewing the page in Mozilla or Chrome--the navigaiton still interfered with links on the top of the content sections. Now a few hours later, I tried again, and the links are available and can be accessed on Mozilla and Chrome. There must have been a delay of somekind on our server. Anyway thanks so much for your effort on this one. We all ENJOYED your post so much, Judy
    Hi Judy,

Glad it worked out.

One catch with testing in web browsers is that the built-in content caching is designed to hold onto documents in an effort to speed up the web browsing experience. The downside is that when a secondary document like a stylesheet is updated, the old version is often still used by the web browser for a little while after it was updated.

The reload button in web browsers really acts more like a page refresh button in most cases because often only the main webpage is reloaded. Plus the web server also has its own disk cache that adds additional delay to when a change really takes effect.

A handy trick in Firefox is to hold down the [Shift] key before clicking the reload button. When holding down the [Shift] key, Firefox ignores the file time stamps and reloads the current webpage plus all of the supporting content (images, stylesheets,...) -- this makes stylesheet changes take effect almost instantly in the web browser. For keyboard shortcut junkies like me, [Ctrl + R] and [Ctrl + Shift + R] are the mouse equivalents. If you have access to the web server traffic logs, you can watch the effect holding the [Shift] key has. The difference is pretty dramatic with complex webpages.

Chung

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12