New Lounger
    Thanks

Remote Desktop Connection on LAN

Hi,
    I use RDC but I need to keep the remote pc desktop screen on not logged out so the other user can still use a program.
    Is this possible it connects flawlessly the other person still needs to work on particular program so login screen is preventing this.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    No, you cannot have that if the host machine is not running a server operation system. You can use Remote Assistance instead (which allows you and the user to interact with the system) or you can use a third party app, such as TeamViewer (free for non comercial use).

Of course, there is one doubt that I have and if it has any grounds, only a server system will be the solution for you - will you and your user be using the computer independently of each other or do you just need to see her use the program? In the latter case, RA and TeamViewer can be a solution. I especially like TeamViewer, as it is much more powerful and even allows you to reboot and logout from the remote system.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Help us understand exactly what you are doing when the user also needs to be logged in and working. Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, there are a number of different ways to perform remote administrative tasks without interupting the user, or having to use a remote desktop connection. Also, are these PCs mambers of a Windows domain? Or are they just part of a workgroup?
    Chuck

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    See How to enable concurrent sessions in Windows 7 SP1 RTM.

NOTES: 1.) This is NOT supported by Microsoft.
    2.) Read the disclaimer at the site.
    3.) If you have problems use that site for support.

Joe