New Lounger
    Thanks

User account control - position of popup window

I have a program (under Windows 7 64 bit) that must be run with administrator privileges. Of course, whenever I invoke it, the User Account Control window pops up and asks me "Do you want to allow the following program ... etc." It's irritating, but I don't want to change my security settings so I'm prepared to put up with it.

The problem is that the popup window is always placed in the top left corner of the screen if I invoke it from the icon pinned to the taskbar, or in the dead centre of the screen if invoked from the program icon on the desktop. With a trackball and a large monitor that's a LONG way to move the mouse each time.

What would be very handy is a way to direct that popup screen to be drawn in the bottom left hand corner of the desktop instead.

Does anyone know of such a tweak ?

Best Regards
    Basjoe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Basjoe,

What I do with programs like this is create a Scheduled Task to run it on demand with Admin privileges. Then I create a shortcut pointing to the task, no more popups. Here's an example shortcut target: C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /run /TN "Launch Malwarebytes"
    Where Launch Malwarebytes is the name of the scheduled task.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Good one RG!! I like it!
    Joel