Star Lounger
    Thanks

"Copy here as task" behavior changed

Preamble: I've been experiencing some weirdness with OL 2007 -- it seems like pointers to folders got corrupted. One symptom was that if I tried to move a message to a folder in the MRU list OL said it couldn't find that folder. Dragging the item directly to a folder worked. Spambayes wouldn't run because it said couldn't find the Junk Email folder (which was there).

After running Scanpst and reinstalling Spambayes everything seems back to normal -- except the "Copy here as task" behavior. Until this problem occurred I was able to right-click and drag a message to the Tasks button on the Outlook bar. A menu would pop up offering several choices for creating a task. That still works with the Calendar button, but not with the Tasks button (neither does holding CTRL + the left mouse button). Instead, I now have to hold the item (hover) over the Tasks button until the Tasks folders appear, then drag the item up to the proper Tasks folder (Personal, not Archived).

Any suggestions about fixing this? I've searched for solutions, but the only discussions I found were about the loss of this feature in OL 2003.

Thanks!

Robert

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Have you tried repairing your Office installation?

Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe,

I ran the Office Diagnostics utility. It reported no problems (and nothing changed after I ran it).

Robert

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, after a few days the Copy As Task feature started working again. I didn't do anything but reboot. Weird.

Robert