New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 7 admin password

What do I do if I can't remember the admin password? I've been trying for over a week. Thought I wrote it down but can't find it. DUH.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Schnooky,

Welcome to the lounge as a poster.

You can download one of the many Linux based boot CDs that have Password Reset capabilities and set the password to blank. The one I like to use is Offline NT Password & Registry Editor Disk.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Lounger
    Thanks
    Offline NT works like a champ. I've used it the past many time for friends who lock themselves out of their machines.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the info. I downloaded the burner and the ISO image. The first CD completed burning and then gave a "failed to verify" message. The second CD seemed to burn ok and there was nothing said about verifying. The 3rd CD just hung up while "writing" and wouldn't burn or abort. I'm out of CDs so I'm going to try a DVD. One thing I should mention is that I put 3 users on the computer: the grand-daughter does not need a password to log on, the grand-son has a password that works and the daughter has the admin password that I can't remember.

Thanks
    When you burn CDs, try lowering the write speed. Some blank CDs do not support the higher transfer rates of the newer CD>DVD writers.

Jerry