Thanks

Pivot Table - Breaking Link from Access (A2K SR1)

I am using Access data to create a pivot table. The users want the ability to copy the data from the pivot table and paste it to a new excel worksheet without the pivot table filters, they just want the data in the format selected. I have tried to do this in excel but can not paste it via paste special, go to, etc.

Is there a way in Access to break the link to the pivot table without corrupting the database and maintaining the data in the pivot table. I figured I could take the original pivot table, copy and paste it to a new excel worksheet, and then break the link. I can copy and paste without the formatting using OLAP tools and wanted to know if I can do it with excel as well.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Thanks

Re: Pivot Table - Breaking Link from Access (A2K SR1)

Please know that I have determined a working solution, however, if anyone has any ideas, I would like to hear them.

If you try to copy the entire pivot table, the OLE links are maintained. However, If you select a portion of the pivot table, select Copy, Paste Special, and Paste as Text, then you can paste that portion of the pivot table and the OLE links are eliminated. Note: If you copy and paste the entire pivot table as text, the OLE links remain.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)