Lounger
    Thanks

How to scan directly into windows live mail

I have W7 home premium, a hp allinone L7680 officejet and a hp pavillion p6350z desktop. I want to be able to scan photos and documents directly into windows live mail email. I have tried windows fax and scan. I can scan into that program but cannot transfer the scan into the email. I get only a sliver of a photo and no text.

I have hp solutions center but it does not have a method for direct scan. I can scan to the desktop and then insert that scan into the mail but it often requires putting the scan into an editing program to get the proper sizeing and format before inserting into the email.

Thanks
    Have you tried the "send to" function in explorer's right click menu?
    WLM 2011 is notoriously bad for having to laboriously resize multiple images manually. A downgrade to a lessor version may be needed if
    you find you use this function often.

Lounger
    Thanks

How to scan directly into windows live mail

CLiNT: Thanks for that process. I found that it works well. I would still like to find out why I can scan into Windows Fax and Scan but cannot insert the picture from there into the email. Fax and Scan has a function, "Forward in email" but I only get a sliver of the picture.
    The sample picture in Fax and Scan transfers properly into the email. If I could get that to work, it will save some steps.